Reflexology home treatment allows you to experience personalised therapy in the comfort of your own home. Home treatments not only allow for convenience but can be essential in situations where travel by the client is not conducive to their health and well-being.
Some circumstances where reflexology home treatment has been more suitable:
- Clients with special needs (includes autism)
- Clients with mobility issues
- Pregnant clients with stressful work life
- Clients dealing with illness (e.g. MS/ME)
- Clients who have time constraints.
"If you have health insurance, you may have cover for reflexology. I am an I.R.I.L. registered therapist which means my clients can benefit by recovering some (or all) costs from their health insurer (check your health insurance policy to see if you have the relevant cover)."
How to prepare for reflexology home treatment:
- You will need to provide a warm blanket and a small towel and some pillows.
- I can provide a reflexology reclining chair or you may prefer to use your bed or sofa for receiving treatment. I will need to access your feet (while you are lying down) so make sure there is no obstruction at the end of the bed or sofa. There also needs to be space for a chair to be placed at the end of your bed/sofa so that I may sit there to provide the treatment.
- I will bring some calming music but you are free to use your preferred music
- You are welcome to light candles if it helps you feel more relaxed.
- Make sure that other people in your home are aware that you need quiet time so as not to be disturbed during treatment.
- Make sure your space is well heated so as to be comfortable as possible during treatment.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic I have added new safety protocols to my reflexology practice. Some adaptations include consultation by phone and I only provide reflexology treatments in my clients homes. You can my new protocols by clicking on the button below.
I provide a bespoke reflexology wellness service for clients in Carlow, Dublin and some parts of the south-east of Ireland. You can find out more about reflexology and my treatment plans in our Frequently Asked Questions.