Ever wonder what your life would be like if you had the courage and know-how to move beyond your limiting beliefs, otherwise known as doubts & fears or even trauma and anxiety?
This story is just one example of what can happen when you dare to walk the road less travelled or what I now call the Authentic Path.
I was so excited when my article 'Autism - Reflexology Offers Calm' got selected as a finalist in Ireland Blog Awards of 2018, listed in the category Best Business Blog Post!
"Reaching the finals of these blog awards is a reminder of what has really been won, a lot of confidence and authenticity and freedom."
Here’s why reaching the finals was so significant:
- My work & my skills as a writer were being show-cased amongst my peers, including those more specially qualified in marketing and business.
- I only started to blog in 2013. I first entered the Ireland Blog Awards in 2015 and for the next 4 years my blogs have featured in several categories (health, wellbeing & travel) at finalist and short-list stages of the competition, including the business sections.
- My finalist article in 2018 put the spotlight on how my therapy reflexology can be a huge benefit to those living with autism, including their families.
- In 1999 I left a teaching career as a result of burn out from stress and a lack of awareness of self-care and much needed healing. I never dreamed back then that an adventurous, creative and satisfying life lay ahead. Only after healing and personal growth did I start to glimpse those openings. Reaching the finals of these blog awards is a reminder of what has really been won, a lot of confidence and authenticity and freedom.
I have every right to feel proud of myself, no be-grudger can take that from me. However, the point I really want to make is this:
"If I could rise from place of doubt & fear and very low confidence in myself then it is definitely a fact that many more people can do the same."
Getting by in life on a low-grade feeling is not what any of us really want.
We want to feel alive and usually we want to feel that our life matters, that we have purpose. I went in search of that purpose in 1999, I call it my 'Authentic Path' and it has brought me a lot of adventure, happiness and success.
What happens on the Authentic Path?
- Ultimately, you must decide what you really want in life, not what you think others want from you.
- The next step is finding ways to move towards what you want to achieve or experience.
- For many people following their 'Authentic Path' will involve healing, moving beyond limiting beliefs, bringing body and mind back to balance.
- It will involve constant learning and may involve developing new skills and talents.
- It can sometimes involve travel but it will most definitely involve listening to your heart and becoming a better version of yourself.
I’m still learning on this path but I’m also capable of using my teaching, caring and creative skills to help more people on their 'Authentic Paths'.
Each person who steps forward to make positive change in their life, has the capacity to positively affect their wider community. Working together to bring about this change is invaluable. Are you ready to step forward on your Authentic Path? Check out my courses, books and coaching programmes or simply join my newsletter to receive inspiration for living your amazing life.