Reflexology Home Treatment - Adapting to COVID-19
Adapating to global pandemic means, I now provide the following services:
Reflexology Therapy Home Treatments
Authentic Path Wellbeing Sessions (Online coaching)
Reflexology can be provided once my client outlines a specific purpose for the treatment and completes three levels of assessment prior to the appointment.
- awareness of COVID-19 safety practices and absence of the disease
- suitability of the clients home for treatment
- the health of the client to ensure that there are no contra-indications to treatment.
The new booking process for reflexology home treatments is as follows:
- Asssessments and reflexology consultation are carried out by phone or video call
- COVID-19 risk assessment requires consent to maintenance of contact tracing records for a period of 6 weeks from appointment date.
- All forms to be signed on the day of treatment using your own pen.
- Cashless payment means treatments are paid in full in advance by electronic means (bank transfer/payment app)
Infection Prevention Controls for your Home Treatment:
- I will phone to announce my arrival at your home.
- Where possible please open and close doors where I enter and exit to reduce touch points on surfaces.
- We must all follow COVID-19 prevention practices i.e. use of hand sanitising gel, wearing of masks, observing social distancing of 2m where possible, avoid touching face and use ettiquette for coughs or sneezes
- I will take off my shoes and put on a fresh uniform over my clothes when I reach your doorway. My uniform consists of a long shirt and an extra pair of socks.
- All items carried into your home will be cleaned and sanitised using disinfectant wipes and same performed after treatment also. My car will also be kept clean and surfaces regularly disinfected.
- My hands will be sanitised before starting the treatment and at the end and if necessary during treatment.
- With your permission, I may use your bathroom facilities, I have a container with disinfectant wipes, toilet roll and liquid soap and hand tissues and disposal bag for this purpose.
- To help you relax more deeply, I will supply links for music suggestions for you to play on your own music device during your treatment, these suggestions will be provided prior to your appointment.
- I will remove my uniform and put it in a laundry bag before exiting your home.
- You may like to cover your bed and pillows with a sheet which can be laundred after the treatment and it is a good idea to ventilate your room by having a window open before, during and after treatment.
- I will check in with you the next day to see how you are feeling after your treatment.
For additional comfort you will require the following:
- A comfortable bed that has no obstruction at the foot
- A space where you will be able to relax comfortably without disturbance
- At least 4 pillows, one for under the feet and the others to prop you up a little
- A warm throw and a sheet that can be laundered easily after treatment
- A device for playing your preferred relaxation music.
- Lots of tissues (just in case).
For my clients added peace of mind I have completed health and safety training for COVID-19 prevention provided by the World Health Organisation, to cover correct use of PPE, hand sanitising, cleaning and disinfecting and waste diposal for medical settings. I have attended many on-line seminars with professional bodies such as F.I.C.T.A., I.R.I.L. and A.N.M.P.T. to gather safe protocol suggestions for therapy practice.
The best way to prevent infection is to be informed, be prepared and act mindfully.
Reflexology Home Treatment Fees:
€80 for one adult in a household (50 minutes)
€65 per adult if more than one adult being treated in the same household.
€50 (35 minutes) suitable for children
A minimum fee of €80 applies per house visit
Terms and conditions of payment, cancellation fees and refunds will be supplied during booking enquiry.
If you have health insurance, check your policy, as I’m a registered member of I.R.I.L. my clients may recoup treatment costs from their insurance providers.
Do you need to relieve tension, stress & anxiety?
Caroline Cunningham helps people to restore calm and achieve their wellbeing goals, through soothing reflexology therapy, wellness coaching & her books on anxiety and self-care.
As an author, creative & wellbeing specialist, Caroline is passionate about helping others along their authentic paths.
Follow Caroline Cunningham Art on WordPress.com